A Siesmic Revolution of Health

I know, I know, I mentioned this a few days ago. But here is a much better clip from CNN about Bill Clinton's recent healthy lifestyle changes, and this time with comments from both Dr. Esselstyn and Dr. Dean Ornish.



For those of you whom this information is not new, how has this information affected the way that you eat? What changes have you made to your diet? Do you feel like those changes are sustainable? Have you experienced any health benefits because of it?

One of the things that has really changed for me over the past year and a half is the way I view breakfast. Instead of a meal that I am trying to skip to conserve calories, I now view breakfast as two things: (1) a must, because if I skip it I find that I overeat later in the day and (2) a way to pack in a whole lotta nutrients and fiber. And the easiest way to do that is with a delicious green smoothie! Here was today's:

Rejuvination Green Smoothie

1 small apple, removed from core
1 medium frozen banana, broken into chunks
1 cup frozen spinach
1/4 avocado
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
8 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment