My letter to our Mayor - Received no response :(

Here is a letter I wrote to our Mayor, about Ian and his birds - "Backyard chickens Cause Fuss in Port Boy crushed by city's order to remove 35 birds" CLICK HERE to see story
Or CLICK HERE to read more

Dear Mr Moak,
I am a chicken enthusiast and know a lot about chickens. I am 12. I have 30 chickens.
I have started a Twitter petition to have Ian keep his chickens. There has been a huge outpouring.
I am very active with my chickens in Newburyport, tryingto make the town of Newburyport smarter about chickens. I have taken my birds to the Farmers Market, to the Blessing of the Animals Etc. I want Newburyport to be known as a Chicken Smart City. However, this event with Ian has brought nothing but bad news about Chickens to Newburyport. Honestly the Twitter-sphere is on fire with this story and it is nothing but a bad reflection on the town. It sounds as if we really don't have a clear policy but instead this is the result of an angry neighbor and an unclear policy. It is also possible I don't clearly understand all the issues with the law.

Petition Backyard Chickens in Newburyport - http://301.to/7e7 #backyardpoultry #Newburyport

If there is anything I can do to help resolve this situation I would be happy to do it. I want to have this solved in a positive manner for Ian and for the town.

Thank you so much for your time.



Thanks to @Ari4Newburyport for helping me

0 comments:

Post a Comment