Spinach and Sprout Smoothie--Yes, it's Amazing

What have you been eating for breakfast lately? I tend to go in major waves when it comes to breakfast. I will eat the same thing for months on end because it tastes so delicious to me that I just don't want anything else. This habit started with my breakfast sammy and transitioned into smoothies of all varieties.  I know a woman who has been eating oatmeal with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter, fresh or frozen berries, 1 tsp. maple syrup and 6 almonds (yes, six) for over 20 years. (I've tried it, it's AMAZING, and tastes like PB&J oatmeal.)

This photograph is of my new breakfast du jour. Does this look like a radical breakfast to you? I think it once would have to me!

It's been a slow and natural progression for me into the world of green smoothies. And this is my greenest one yet. It was inspired by the Green Goddess Smoothie I have been ordering from Organic Energy here in Cleveland and really enjoying. So I thought, 'Why have all of this green goodness only when I am at the restaurant?"

Now this green smoothie is probably not for the faint of heart. But if you are ready, go for it! It is totally delicious to me and has become my breakfast of choice for the past 4 days.

Very Verdant Smoothie
serves one

1 small apple, cut into large chunks
1 small frozen banana, broken into chunks
1/4-1/3 ripe avocado
1 very large handful fresh spinach
1 handful alfalfa sprouts
1/2 cup water
6 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment