Superbowl Party Recap, Part II. The No-oil, Tahini Free Hummus Diaries.

I've never been a fan of the store bought no-oil, tahini free hummuses. I confess that I have only tried a few, and not the Engine 2 brand yet (it has sesame seeds in it, so I'm not sure if it would be considered oil-free anyway).

But what I have tried left me thinking that I would rather not eat hummus. What a bummer, because I love hummus! When I tried making tahini-free hummus myself (that one time) I was no more impressed with my own results and I gave up on it entirely for many years.

Fast forward to when I wrote my first post about our plans for this year's Plant-strong Superbowl Party. I received a lot of reader suggestions about how to make the perfect oil-free hummus. Thank you D'Ann and Sara! Here's a summary of the suggestions, including my own thoughts based on the experiment:

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment