Whole Wheat Vegan Blueberry Stuffed Pancakes

Did you think you had to fore sake pancakes forever to maintain your girlish (or boyish) figure? Think again. Hodgson Mill makes a "Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancake Mix" from whole wheat flour, whole grain yellow cornmeal and a few other ingredients and it's totally E2 approved. Rip Esselstyn mentions "whole grain pancake and muffin mixes" as a pantry staple to keep at all times in your Engine 2 healthy kitchen.

I happened upon the whole grain mix yesterday when shopping at Miles Road Market for our 4th of July barbecue so I thought we would treat ourselves this holiday morning. I used Ener G egg replacer instead of the eggs and almond milk instead of cow's milk,  but I was too chicken to do anything about the oil that the pancake recipe called for, so I did use canola oil. Next time I will definitely substitute apple sauce for the oil. Then I loaded in all of the fresh blueberries that the mix could handle. The results were AMAZING. And finally, my photos do my food justice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment