Blog Subscriptions and a Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse

When you are trying to lose weight, or even trying to maintain, there's just something really nice about subscribing to a variety of healthy weight loss/eating blogs. This has probably occurred to you, but in case it hasn't, I'll suggest it here. Subscribing puts each new blog entry into your e-mail inbox from all of the blogs that you have happened upon that really speak to you. And it's really easy to unsubscribe if you just don't love that blog that you thought was so cool at first glance.

Here's what subscribing to blogs does for me: it keeps me motivated and it keeps me inspired. How? Well, I'm going to my e-mail multiple times a day and I'm guessing you are too. New blog postings from bloggers with the same goals as mine are a great and positive reminder to stay the course. And I need that reminder continually. There are positive thoughts and things to aspire to. Most people with food issues can connect with each other on a deep level, even if they don't know each other. These blogs are a way to tap in to that energy.

In addition, healthy recipe blogs are a zaftig foodies best friend. There's just no excuse to fall back into bad eating habits when the world of healthy eating and recipes is so available to everyone right now. Just this morning I was reading a new posting from a blog called Loves Veggies and Yoga (http://www.lovesveggiesandyoga.com/) and a recipe for Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse caught my eye. I happened to be going over to a friend's house for dinner tonight and I thought it would be fun to try it out on the crowd. I tweaked the original recipe a little by adding 25% less agave syrup than the recipe called for and it was plenty sweet for me.

This dessert is incredibly rich and decadent tasting, and highly caloric, but is made with nutritious ingredients. A little goes a long way, so you don't need to eat a lot to satisfy a sweet tooth, chocolate tooth, or cream tooth!

Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse

4 ripe avocados
2/3 cup organic cocoa
1 cup real maple syrup
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
 
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.  Put mousse in refrigerator until time to serve. Any extras can keep in the freezer for a frozen chocolate treat.
I plan on serving the mousse with strawberries. Here's to hoping it's a success!

0 comments:

Post a Comment