Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats

No food photos, so I thought I would share this with you.  That's my 5 year old out on Lake Erie!


Again, I really want to apologize for leaving all of my readers high-and-dry for the past few weeks.  My sudden quieting down has a lot of factors, including my lack-of-a-camera-situation but truthfully, a bit of lack-of-motivation recently. Which, in the world of someone who has to work hard to remain at a healthy weight is not such a good thing!

So this weekend I pulled out a recipe that I had in my to-do pile. I can't even remember where I got it from, but after about an hour of searching for it on one of my favorite blogs, http://www.choosingraw.com/, so that I could provide you with the link, I broke down and did a google search for it.  It's a breakfast dish that combines chia seeds and oatmeal soaked in the fridge overnight into a parfait with banana soft serve (remember that heavenly creation?). Well, I guess this stuff is pretty popular, because there are a world of links about it on the www. And after eating it for breakfast this morning, I can attest to its strange addictiveness. If I could, I would eat it again for lunch right now!

So here's a cool YouTube video that explains the process.  The woman in the video has a fantastic blog called Oh She Glows! http://ohsheglows.com/ I highly recommend giving this recipe a try and letting me know if you do!



FYI-The recipe that I used did not layer in cacao nibs or anything else but rather just used the overnight oats plus the banana soft serve. Just saying! Although I'm sure these are great additions. Plus, I used 2 frozen bananas instead of one, 'cause I can't get enough banana soft serve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment