Weight Watchers 5K Walk-It Challenge and Pot Luck Lunch

There is a new study just released by the American Psychiatric Association about women and how they feel about their asses.

The results are pretty shocking:
1. Only 5% of women surveyed feel their ass is too big.
2. 10% of women surveyed feel their ass is too small.
3. The remaining 85% say they don't care; they love him; he's a good man and they would have married him anyway.

Now there's some Healthy Girl's Kitchen humor!

This past Sunday I hosted some of my friends from Weight Watchers for a pot luck lunch. We all did the Weight Watchers 5K walk together and then shared a healthy lunch. Thank you to Quinn for organizing what I hope will be the first of many celebrations of it's kind. We have a wonderful thing going at our Wednesday Weight Watchers meeting.  A really nice group of wonderful people who are supporting each other in achieving their goals.

So here's my tip: If you want to lose weight, get support and camaraderie! The world is full of it and it makes losing weight so much fun. I can personally vouch for http://www.peertrainer.com/ and Weight Watchers, and I'll bet that http://www.sparkpeople.com/ is pretty awesome too.  There's tons of stuff going on at http://www.meetup.com/ and I have found a great thing in The Engine 2 Challenge at my local Whole Foods.  I'm always game for going to events centered around healthy eating. I always get a new burst of energy as a result of my participation, and isn't that what we all need to keep up our healthy new habits?









0 comments:

Post a Comment