Coffee Cream Smoothie and Vegan Brown Rice Sushi Take Two


There were a lot of cut up filling ingredients left from my first foray into home sushi rolling, so I went for it again the next night.  The resulting sushi is photographed above.  For instructions on how to make your own brown rice sushi, go to http://healthygirlskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/06/day-18-and-brown-rice-vegetable-sushi.html  I plan on using the rest of the cut vegetable leftovers tonight in an Asian stir fry with broiled tofu and rice noodles that I am concocting in my head right now. If it works, you'll hear about it!

I was inspired one morning this week as I read the most recent posting on the Choosing Raw blog.  I too share Gena's guilt-free love of coffee and had been thinking for a good long while about experimenting myself with a coffee smoothie.  All it took was one look at hers and I went for it!  http://www.choosingraw.com/sinful-smoothie/ 

Here's my take on a coffee smoothie. It's definitely for coffee lovers only!




Wendy's Coffee Cream Smoothie
serves 1

1 cup brewed coffee
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp chia seeds or ground flax
2 large dates, pitted
1 1/2 large frozen banana
7 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment