"excuse me, but when do you find the time for the blog, let alone the cooking??"

So my friend Winky just asked me how I have the time to cook, and it just so happens that I wanted to blog about this very topic.  So I'm taking this as a sign that I should do it now.

I do most of my cooking on the weekends.  It's a pleasure for me, not a chore, so when the weekend comes I'm happiest in my kitchen.  I am a creative person at heart, and right now it is where I can focus that creativity.  I make really big batches of things.  I never make a recipe without doubling it or trippling it.  I know my weeks are hectic and I know how happy I'll be when I get in the door at 5:30 and dinner just needs to be reheated.

I have also started cooking in the morning, believe it or not, before my kids wake up.  Since I have started eating copius amounts of nutritious food, I need a lot less sleep.  When I was overweight, I needed 9-10 hours of sleep at night.  Today, I can only sleep 7 hours.  I wake up refreshed and raring to go at 5 a.m.!  I know it's crazy, but it's what is happening in my body right now.  So I have started to use my extra a.m. hours to cook.  Even I think I've lost it . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment