If You Are Wondering What Got Me So Riled Up . . .

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I was a Weight Watchers drop out, more times than I can even count.  I would get near or to my goal weight and lose my s#*%.  By the time I was "thin" I was so hungry all the time and malnourished that my body overtook my mind and I would binge eat.  I felt horrible.  Finally, I just stopped trying.  That was nine years ago.

Then last summer a friend of mine asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.  I was so excited for her but not at all happy about the idea of standing up in a line of gorgeous, thin women wearing a dress that I didn't hand pick.  I think I had to order the largest size dress that Ann Taylor carries (they are not exactly catering to the voluptuous woman).  I got the dress.  I wasn't happy.  I hung the dress up in my dining room.  I knew I had to go back to Weight Watchers.

A few weeks into my newest stint with Weight Watchers another member mentioned a website with some resources about Weight Watcher's Points values.  And so I went to that site,  http://peertrainer.com/, and I did some exploring, and I saw that something intriguing was going on there.  I signed up for their e-mail "Tip of the Day" program.  I read those tips every day and followed the trail of links they carefully laid out for me.  And something magical happened.

The owners and users of the site were talking about a book, Eat to Live, by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.  Over on PeerTrainer, they have coined an expression, "diet fusion."  It's the idea that for most people, one diet plan (whether it be South Beach, Nutrasystem, Weight Watchers, Eat to Live, Volumetrics, etc., etc.) doesn't work in the the long run.  That it is really the combination of a few good eating plans, different combinations for different people, that can sustain weight loss in the long  run.  After reading Eat to Live, I knew that Dr. Fuhrman's plan, in combination with the Weight Watchers Points System, could be just the combination that would work for me.

Now I am going to digress a little, in the hopes that I can impress upon you just how important the book Eat to Live and the website http://www.peertrainer.com/ are for me.  I consider myself to be very blessed.  I have a wonderful family (both mine and my husbands), loving husband, three beautiful children, fabulous friends, a gracious home, a supportive community and a career most people would kill for.  But with all of that, I was miserable most of the time.  If you have excess weight on your body, you know exactly what I am talking about.  Everything is clouded by this "thing" that you want to fix and you don't know how to fix it.  You have tried and tried, every day to fix it.  But you haven't been able to fix it.

http://peertrainer.com/ and Dr. Fuhrman showed me the way to fix it.  What works for me probably won't work for everybody, but it might work for you.  I eat a lot of really healthy, low calorie, high nutrient food.  I stay within my Weight Watchers Points allotment easily.  I never feel "starved." I have a tremendous amount of energy.  Oh, and I have lost almost 50 pounds in 9 months.  I am forever in their debt.

Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Eat to Live.  Check it out for yourself.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/01/prweb3518204.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment