The 3S (Smoothies, Soups and Salads) Eating Plan

Meat eating. I'm not at all against it, but I am very sensitive to the treatment of animals. For 12 years I was a vegetarian, but I didn't do it right and it was not healthy. Being older and wiser, these are my meat rules (includes beef, chicken, turkey (love turkey!) and fish):

1. Eat it, but only at 3-4 meals per week (I'm guessing the standard American eats meat between 14 and 21 meals per week).
2. Keep the serving size to a healthy one, which is 3 oz. of animal protein.
3. Try my hardest to find locally raised, pastured, grass fed, hormone free, etc., etc. for use in my own cooking. Once you know the facts, you won't want to eat anything else. Michael Pollan writes all about this if you want to look him up on Amazon.

The fact is, most of my eating these days comes from 3 categories: Smoothies, Soups and Salads. When you focus on those three things, other less healthy, more caloric foods work their way out of your life. You really can't help but get to your healthy weight over time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment