The Engine 2 Diet Super Bowl Parties

DISCLAIMER: I am not a pro football fan, nor do I know anything about pro football. We'll, that's not entirely true--I know that Joe Namath was once a really great quarterback for the Jets, but that's another story. What I am is a chick who likes to cook, especially when friends are coming over. With that, I introduce you to this blog post.

Have you guys heard about the plant strong Super Bowl party phenomenon that is sweeping the nation right now? The Engine 2 Diet Superbowl Parties?

No?

That's okay, 'cause I made it up. With Rip Esselstyn's approval of course!

But really friends, what are your plans for next Sunday at 6:30?

If you read this blog regularly, you know that I'm kinda obsessing about vegan/plant strong/nutritarian entertaining. So when it came time to start thinking about what my family was going to do for the biggest national holiday of the year, I was like, PLANT STRONG PARTY!!!!! Of course!


My husband was skeptical. He was like, "Wendy, you can't do that. You've gotta serve the traditional Super Bowl beef chili! What are my friends going to think?"

And I was like, "They are going to LOVE it! Just watch! They will be so excited when they find out that they won't be hating themselves for eating all that crap the next day." And sure enough, when my husband texted his friends to give them the good news, they were pumped!

And then it hit me. What if other folks from around the country were planning the same thing? What would happen if we started a new holiday tradition in America? One that doesn't contribute to our waistlines getting bigger and our bodies getting weaker? What if we had The Engine 2 Diet Superbowl Parties?

So, here's what I am asking everyone to do:

(1) Let me know right here and now in the comments section what your plans are for the Super Bowl.

(2) If you are hosting a Super Bowl party at your home or bringing food to a pot luck, please share with all of us right now what you think you are making/bringing with recipes or links if you can.

(3) Become a fan of the Engine 2 Diet on Facebook if you aren't already. After the big day, submit photos of your Engine 2 Diet Super Bowl party here. 

I'm going to be talking about it on Healthy Girl's Kitchen all week, serving up ideas for the big event. I truly hope you will join me in the fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment