The Fattest Place on Earth

I was having lunch with some friends today and I kind of got into it with one of them over the subject of diet. And it made me ponder why I am such a radical now about what I eat and about spreading "the gospel" of Plant Strong/Nutritarian eating. And then I saw this:


And it broke my heart. You see, every time I see an obese person, my heart breaks. I know what it feels like to be overweight and frustrated.

But I also get angry. Not angry with the overweight person, just angry with the state of affairs. Angry that the cost of my family's health insurance is over $1200 a month and that we still have a $4000 deductible. Angry about the high taxes that I pay to fund entitlement programs to pay for other people's health care. Angry that there is a McDonald's or Wendy's or Burger King on every corner and that many people seem to be losing touch with real food.

There is another way. But if we let it go on this way, it just might bankrupt us all. We already know that our generation is going to be the first generation not to live longer than the generation before us.

So I'm sad and I'm frustrated and I want to make a difference, for my family, for the individual person that my heart goes out to and for all of us as a society. This is not just about me wanting to lose a few pounds and showing off my cooking skills. I'm a girl on a mission.

If you are interested in a wealth of information on this subject, visit Happy Healthy Long Life.

Fruit, it's what's for dessert.

Healthy Girl's Raspberry Banana Mango Freeze
serves 3-4

1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen mango
almond milk to desired consistency
ice
2 large pitted dates
optional-other sweetener like agave or maple syrup

Place all ingredients in blender except almond milk and additional sweetener. Pour in about 1/2 cup almond milk and blend. Add almond milk as necessary to achieve desired consistency while blending.

Taste, add sweetener if necessary. Blend again and serve immediately.

What are your feelings about the obesity epidemic?

Do you think anything can be done or are we doomed to failure in this arena?

What are you passionate about?

0 comments:

Post a Comment