Salad & Son

I'm not gonna lie, I think my 3 year old and 6 year old are pretty terrible eaters. But one thing that I have found to hold true is that if you engage children in the preparation of healthy food, they are FAR more likely to taste something new. Like lettuce. Max is not a salad eater, yet, but get him engaged in the preparation of a salad and he's a pretty sure bet for eating some romaine.


I think he likes it!


As for the adults in this household, we prefer our salads with some dressing on it, so when a friend of mine mentioned yesterday that she had made a delicious "goddess" dressing from Mama Pea at the Peas and Thank You blog, I thought I would search out the recipe. I was excited to find that I had all of the ingredients on hand, including the avocado, lemon, tahini and xanthan gum (yes, xanthan gum--I keep it in the freezer). Get the full recipe here. It's garlicy and full of flavor and oh-so-yummy. And no guilt involved! Just how I like my food.

What's your favorite salad dressing these days? Do you stick with the same one(s) or do you try new one(s) regularly?

Is it from a bottle or do you make it yourself?


0 comments:

Post a Comment