Rip's Sweet Potato Bowl

When I told my husband what we were having for dinner, I have to admit, he was less than enthusiastic. Even I was wondering what the heck I was doing when I was cutting up and assembling my first recipe out of The Engine 2 Diet.  But I just happened to have all of the ingredients on hand (even the already cooked sweet potatoes), which is rare, and it appeared to be a no-fuss dinner recipe for a weeknight, so I went for it.

Boy, were we in for the shock of our lives. I thought this was fabulous. And my husband, who is even more of a manly man than Rip (if that's possible) said, "Mommy," that's his term of endearment for me, "this is incredible!"

Rip's Sweet Potato Bowl
Serves 2

1 large (or 2 small) sweet potatoes, cooked, skin removed, cut into cubes
1 mango, peeled and cut into cubes
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 (or 2 if not so juicy) limes
Balsamic vinegar to taste

Warm the sweet potatoes in a microwave if using chilled leftovers. Place a generous portion of sweet potatoes into a large serving bowl. Top with mango, bell pepper, black beans, avocado and cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice and balsamic vinegar, stir gently, and serve.

Check out Rip's website http://engine2diet.com/  I'm only on Chapter 5 of Rip's book, and already I've laughed and I've cried. It's a winner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment