The 28-Day Health Opportunity

Hey all of you Clevelanders! This one's for you . . .

A few of you have expressed interest in participating in the Whole Foods 28-day Health Opportunity. I really hope that you will join me and my daughter Sophia on this journey.

Here's the 411 on the 28-day Health Opportunity:  Free, but you must be registered. Send an e-mail to Ellen.Darby@wholefoods.com to register. Her telephone number is 216-371-5320 ext. 2077. You also need to purchase and read the book The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn.  For more on what is going on with Whole Foods Market and this entire food revolution, visit http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/nutrition/


All meetings at the cafe at Whole Foods Market, Cedar Center
May 10, 2010, 7-8 p.m. - Orientation
May 17 - Challenge Starts
May 24, 7-8 p.m. - Engine 2 Meet-Up/Workshop
June 1, 7-8 p.m. - Engine 2 Meet-Up/Workshop
June 13, Last day of challenge
June 14, 7-8 p.m. Celebration Get-Together

Here are the entire contents of the e-mail that I received from Ellen after I registered:
"Dear Engine 2 Challenge Team,


We sure had an extraordinary two days’ worth of celebration, didn’t we? Rip’s event at John Carroll University Monday night was so educational and inspirational and Tuesday we learned even more health tips from him as we cut the ribbon to our new Health Starts Here Hub at Cedar Center. Thank you all for attending either one or both of the days’ events.

I wanted to connect with all of you today because I am going out of town tomorrow, Thursday, and will not return until Sunday night, 5/9. Our Orientation is Monday night, 5/10, and I did not want to wait until Monday morning to be in touch!

I am so excited about our upcoming 28 Day Challenge and want to congratulate you on making the commitment. Rip likes to use the term “healthy opportunity,” and this certainly IS a healthy opportunity. But it is also a challenge and, personally, I feel there’s nothing better than a good challenge to get my own fires burning. This will be a 28 day challenge that I hope you will take very seriously and use as an opportunity to kick-start a plant-strong healthy eating life, utilizing all the support that will be available to you.

We have allowed a two-week preparation period (Orientation on 5/10 and first day of challenge to be 5/17). Please use this time to read or re-read/review Rip’s book, Engine 2 Diet, (especially pages 123-135), clear out your cupboards and refrigerator of all the bad foods you will not want tempting you and mentally prepare for this exciting adventure we will all undertake together.

OK, here is a very serious suggestion as you are getting mentally prepared for May 17th:

It is human nature, when committing to a new diet, to think, “Hummmm, I may as well eat all the cake (ice cream, chicken wings, bbq ribs, tofutti, whatever it may be for you) now because I’m starting my diet Monday (the first of the month, New Year’s)” Have you ever done that? I have -- so many times, I cannot begin to count. I sincerely encourage you not to do that. It is self-defeating. All the extra calories and fat you pack on will just make the journey more difficult.

Please RSVP by e-mail for our 5/10 meet-up. Some of you already told me you will be unable to attend. I will be sending a recap of the evening, but I do encourage you to be there if at all possible. I will be presenting a lot of information and sharing a lot of tips. Again, an important part of this challenge will be doing it all together and utilizing the support and encouragement from one another – our new ENGINE 2 CHALLENGE TEAM!!!

I look forward to seeing you all on the 10th. Until then, I hope you will keep Rip’s book close by and keep reminding yourself of all the positive changes you will be making as you transition into your PLANT STRONG HEALTHY LIFE!!!

Ellen

Ellen Darby
Healthy Eating Coach
Whole Foods Market
13998 Cedar Road
University Heights, Ohio 44118"

Please let me know if you register by leaving a comment here on the blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment